Yes we know, this is the boring part but we value the trust that you have in us when sharing your personal information during your visits to our website and we want you to know that your privacy and the protection of any data your share or that is collected, is very important to us. Please be assured we would not use your data in any way that we would not be prepared for our personal information to be utilised.
This policy will describe how we collect, use, and share your personal information when you visit or purchase a product from https://viva-la-vegan.com.
Why do we collect data?
Our online business would not be able to operate without collecting data from visitors to the Site. In summary, the main purposes for collecting data are:-
- Processing sales of items so that we can dispatch to correct addresses whilst avoiding fraudulent transactions;
- Understanding our customers and their experience on the website;
- To share information with our third-party partners such as our website provider WooCommerce and delivery services like Royal Mail;
- To utilise improvements and optimisations of our site to develop the best customer experience; and
- Use for marketing and advertising campaigns.
How do we collect data?
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie is stored by the browser and remains valid unless deleted by the user until the expiry date. A session cookie, on the other hand, expires at the end of the user session i.e. when the site is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
The site does utilise cookies both session and persistent.
We set out below the two main cookies we use and for what purpose:
- We use WooCommerce cookies to manage the cart function of the site. We couldn’t process your payment or dispatch to you without the use of these cookies
From time to time, we may use your personal information to communicate directly via various marketing channels to advertise products that we believe may be of interest to you. To understand how tailored advertising works we recommend the “Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Please be clear that our site data collection policy is that if we see a “Do Not Track” signal we adhere to this and there is no alteration to data collection policies to override this.
If you wish to opt-out of tailored advertising you can use the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
If you require access to the personal information held about and would like any information deleted, corrected, or updated please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to assist. It is your information after all.